Following a review of Keyera’s waste handling processes and the requirements of Alberta Energy Regulator (AER) Directive 058: Oilfield Waste Management Requirements for the Upstream Petroleum Industry, Keyera will be implementing a new system for the management of dangerous (DOW) and non-dangerous oilfield waste (non-DOW) shipments.
Keyera has partnered with Galatea Technologies Inc. to implement Waste Coordinator, a fully electronic waste management solution. The transition to this solution ensures regulatory compliance while providing several gains of efficiency for all parties of the process.
Receiver: Receivers will complete the entry of load receipt data directly within the electronic manifest. This will eliminate the regulatory burden of returning manifests back to Torxen.
Examples of Receiver Benefits
- The electronic completion will meet the timeline obligations for returning a manifest.
- There is no requirement to mail manifests back to the Generator.
- There is no need to maintain waste summaries for Generator reporting.
- Accelerated invoice reconciliation by the Generator to validate disposal charges.
Carriers: Drivers will receive the waste manifest via text message. This will require them to have a cellular phone capable of receiving an SMS and a web browser with internet access.
Examples of Carrier Benefits
- The elimination of additional travel to obtain a manifest.
- Accurate manifests will accompany shipments.
- The removal of responsibility to provide the manifest to the Receiver.
- No need to retain a manifest copy as a backup to an invoice or truck ticket.